Thursday, December 22, 2011

And the Angel Said "Do not be afriad, for.... there is still time to shop"

I am going to ask you this question, and I want you to answer it honestly.
What does Christmas mean to you?
Don't give your automatic fake answer, like 'happiness'.
That's what you did, didn't you?

What does Christmas meant to anyone anymore? Look around. All I see is mall Santas and wish lists.

There is ever a 'shopping guide' taped to the inside of the bathroom stalls.... at church.

I'm not going to judge you if you are one of those 'peace, love, and ohh JCP is having a sale!' kind of people.
Who are we really to point fingers at?
What is there even to point at?

For many, Christmas still has a true purpose. Everyone is together, the kids stop fighting for a few days, all really is calm and bright.

I'm not going to say what I feel when I think of Christmas. That is not the point.
Think about this season, what ever your reason for it may be, and really ask yourself.

What does Christmas really mean to me?

1 comment:

  1. To me Christmas is about the birth of Christ. But the presents are nice too :)

    ReplyDelete