Friday, June 26, 2009

School

OK, I wrote this a long time ago, but now that school has been out for more then a month, I thought you would like this. Enjoy!



Great. The day had just started and there is already a stain on my shirt and the janitor has yelled at a student. The bell just rang. Some kids may think of the first bell as a sign of starting a new day. Well, that does not mean that it has to be good. Really think about it. Math tests and grumpy teachers sound like a nice way of life? I think not.
First hour: Oh yikes! Is that an F on my math paper?? And why won’t that kid stop sneezing on me?!? Yuck! I think the guinea pig just puked!
Second hour: You have got to be kidding! This reading book is so hard a collage student couldn’t read it if they tried! Wait. We have to have it done by when?
Third hour: oh the joy of band. The crashing of symbols, the toot of the horn, and the drummers having a sword fight with their sticks. Will the teacher ever show up?
Fourth hour: social studies means playing catch with the globe and using the map as a doodle board.
Fifth hour: writing. Good class. Down side: half the kids
think it’s art and the other half don’t know what an adjective is.

Lunch: two words baby: FOOD FIGHT!

Sixth hour: science class. We have to go outside and find leaves for a project. Sounds fine rite? Wrong. We are up to eight on the snake count and I feel something squishy in my shoe.
Seventh hour: typing and computers. Typing: easy. Computer work: impossible. Also this computer is so old it first was run by a mouse on a wheel.
Eighth and last (halleluiah ) hour: the dreaded gym. Honestly, how many times can one get hit by a dodge ball?

Okay, I might have exaggerated just a little. But hay, non-working moms….. Have you ever considered home schooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment